Journal of Cell is an international and peer-reviewed journal on structures and functions of the cell.
The different types of articles published are：
- Articles: research manuscripts report new evidence or new conclusions which have neither been published before nor are under consideration for publication in another journal. IOS considers all original research manuscripts provided that the work reports scientifically sound experiments and provides a substantial amount of new information. We strongly recommend authors not to unnecessarily divide their work into several related manuscripts.
- Short communications of preliminary, but significant, results will also be considered.
- Reviews: review manuscripts provide concise and precise updates on the latest progress made in a given area of research.
- Conference Papers: Expanded and high quality conference papers are also considered if they fulfill the following requirements: (1) the paper should be expanded to the size of a research article; (2) the conference paper should be cited and noted on the first page of the paper; (3) if the authors do not hold the copyright to the published conference paper, authors should seek the appropriate permission from the copyright holder; (4) authors are asked to disclose that it is conference paper in their cover letter and include a statement on what has been changed compared to the original conference paper.
Subject areas include, but are not limited to the following fields:
- Cell structure: organelles; cytoskeleton; cell membrane; genetic material; capsule; flagella etc.
- Cell functions/processes: cell cycle; cell growth; cell differentiation; cell death; metabolism; protein synthesis; division; movement of proteins; active/passive transport; cell signaling; adhesion; DNA repair etc.
- Cell movement & motility
- Stem cell biology & development
- Molecular & cellular neuroscience
- Plant molecular & cell biology
- T-cell and cancer research
- Research Techniques: observation; purification; cell culture; transfection etc.